|Scandi Yoga Adventure|
Scandi Yoga Adventure active holiday is not dangerous or physically demanding.
The combination of activity, scenery and cultural immersion makes this journey a unique and unforgettable experience.
Although a small country, Croatia has rich variety of beautiful landscapes and preserved natural areas.
From mountains to plains, from rivers to sea with a long and rich history.
Day 1: Arrival to Croatia - transfer to Skradin
Day 2: Full day for yoga and afternoon stand-up paddle
Day 3: Cycling National Park Krka (Skradinski Buk and Visovac Island)
Day 4: Visit Zadar and yoga day near hotel
Day 5: Trekking Krupa River
Day 6: Full day for yoga, optional sea kayaking trip
Day 7: Kayaking on Zrmanja and Krupa Rivers
Day 8: Departure
1. Short description: Croatia is awesome. With well-preserved old towns, castles, palaces, monuments and native architecture. Together with the tradition, folklore, art scenes and music, Croatia is a unique and exotic place to discover. This specialized Scandi Yoga Adventure trip gives you the insight of the most popular destinations while practicing your favorite activity. If you are ready to know Croatia from a different angle, come and see it for yourself. It is not the same as seeing it on a picture. Therefore we are here to make your holiday a perfect retreat!
2. Staff & Experts: This itinerary is subject to change due to group abilities and preferences, weather, water levels, special events of interest, etc. Our Guides and Trip Leaders will do their utmost to ensure the best possible experience for their clients without compromising safety at any time. This may mean changing the original itinerary to avoid discomfort or risk, which could be caused by exceptional situations. We reserves the right to alter the itinerary without prior notice.
3. Activity level: Trips are designed for flexible, energetic people who like to be active and have a spirit of adventure and a positive attitude. Our daily program is a combination of canoeing, cycling, river kayaking, sea kayaking, trekking and walking. Previous kayaking experience is recommended, but not required. There’s mostly the option of jumping in the support van if you’re tired while cycling.
4. Group size: Min 4 – max 16 per group; larger groups are on request.NOTE: if the departure has less than 4 person signed up and the clients still want to do the trip rather than cancel we charge 20% extra
5. Accommodation: We use mostly small family-run hotels that are located outside the tourist mass.
6. Departure calendar:
|Departure dates 2019|
Other dates on request
|Activities day 1: Arrival to destination – Skradin town|
Arrive to Croatia and we will transfer you to Skradin and accommodate you in the Skradinski Buk hotel. Skradin is a small picturesque town named after the world famous waterfall on the river Krka. It is the oldest Croatian settlement with the status of a town. It was once the capital of the Roman Liburnia and the most important war harbor of Croatia and Bosnia in the 14th century. Apart from a great history, Skradin and its surroundings are places of unique natural beauties. The breathtaking view over the town from the bridge on the highway towards Split was nominated for the prestigious Golden Flower of Europe award for the best sightseeing point on European highways. We will meet in the hotel lobby for a get-together dinner and presentation of the program. You are free to enjoy an evening walk around the town and its pubs. Find out which is your favorite Croatian wine, beer or gelato. Meals: D; Van drive from airport: Split 1:30 min or Zadar 1 hour
|Activities day 2: Full day for yoga and afternoon stand-up paddle|
On your yoga day you can be as active and productive as you wish. Beautiful places with stunning scenery are available for the yoga session or even a great closed gym is available. In the afternoon we will us our stand-up boards to paddle around the Krka River and Prokljan Lake. We start on the beach in Skradin. After a short introduction to paddling, we start our expedition. We will paddle across the Prokljan Lake to the wherever we want to stop. The water here is brackish – mixed fresh and saltwater, which is the reason for abundant life under the surface. Eels and mussels make a favourite gourmet specialty that can be found in local restaurants.
3*Hotel Skradinski Buk; Meals: B and D (lunch on your own); paddle: 2 -3 h
|Activities day 3: Cycling day in National Park Krka River and visiting Visovac Island|
Today we will take our bikes from Skradin to the 44-meters high Skradinski Buk waterfall visiting one of Croatia’s most popular national parks’s the Krka River National Park. The fantastic karst formations and travertine waterfalls make it a beautiful swimming area. This is the famous place where the second hydro plant in the world was built, just three days after the first hydroelectric power plant on Niagara Falls. After walking, sightseeing and taking breathtaking pictures we will make a swimming and picnic break under the great Skradinski Buk waterfall. Afterr this relxing first part we continue our cycling day exploring the countryside surrounding National Park Krka River. There is hardly a better way to get around the area of the National Park Krka River then cycling. This biking route will lead you thru Croatian history enjoying the landscape of forests and hills. We will bike to the shores of Visovac Lake where the boat will take us to Visovac Island and Franciscan monastery. After sightseeing the monastery and museum the boat will bring us back to the shore where we’ll have a beach break for our picnic lunch. Continuing back to Skradin we have a magnificent ride downhill with a scenic view over the Prokljan Lake.
3*Hotel Skradinski Buk; Meals: B and D (picnic on your own); cycling: 4 - 5 h, moderate - van support if needed
|Activities day 4: Visit Zadar and yoga day near hotel|
After breakfast we drive to our next location, village of Novigrad. On our way we stop for an inspirational visit to Zadar town, beautiful old town on the Adriatic coast. In the past several years Zadar town has become an outdoor exhibition, attracting people from all demographic structures. It is really worth seeing and experiencing it. Once we arrive to Novigrad beautiful places with stunning scenery are available for the yoga session or even a great closed gym is available. On your yoga day you can be as active and productive as you wish. This evening we enjoy dinner on the most breath taking terrace.
3*Hotel Castrum Novum; Meals: B and D (lunch on your own)
|Activities day 5: Trekking Krupa River|
Through millenniums, Zrmanja and Krupa rivers in the Velebit Mountain Nature Park have carved a spectacular canyon and built magnificent waterfalls. These are two of the most beautiful rivers in Europe with green banks and perfectly clear water. We start our day with a van drive to a little village called Golubici where very few people live nowadays. One of Croatia’s prettiest rivers is probably exactly tiny Krupa. Located just under the steep slopes of Velebit, this beautiful river stretches from the lovely spring all the way through a deep canyon where it meets Zrmanja – another beautiful karst river. Arriving to Golubic village we visit a local sheep and goat farm. After tasting local cheese and drinks we take a short walk down the hill to Kudin most – or The Bridge of Kuda – is one of the nicest places in the hinterland of Zadar. Actually, the place is called Deveterci for the 9 small cascades that make the place so magical. Kudin Bridge has been built at the turn of the 18th to 19th century. Legend says that a young guy called Kuda wanted to be closer to his loved one at the other bank of the river. So he built the bridge from 12 arches out of travertine blocks, and just as many pillars. The last two arches are now damaged but Kudin Bridge still stands despite time and high waters in the winter. After the hike we will stop and visit the Orthodox monastery on the Krupa river bank. You will experience only the sound of river and birds. Magical!
3*Hotel Castrum Novum; Meals: B and D (lunch on your own); Van drive: 45 min; hiking: 3-4 h, moderate
|Activities day 6: Full day for yoga, optional sea kayaking trip|
On your yoga day you can be as active and productive as you wish. Beautiful places with stunning scenery are available for the yoga session or even a great closed gym is available. In the afternoon we have the option to go sea kayaking into the Zrmanja lower canyon. It’s the point where the river enters the Adriatic Sea. We start on the beach just in front of the hotel.
3*Hotel Castrum Novum; Meals: B and D (lunch on your own); paddle: 2 -3 h
|Activities day 7: Kayaking on Zrmanja and Krupa Rivers|
Early in the morning we drive towards a little village of Kastel Zegarski and start our expedition down the magnificent wild-west-like canyons of the Zrmanja and Krupa Rivers. The watercraft may be raft, canoe or sit-on-top kayak depending upon the river conditions. We push off for an afternoon of refreshing fun on the clear, warm and green waters of these Croatian rivers, considered two of the most beautiful in Europe. Waterfalls and easy rapids, hidden swimming pools, steep sided canyons it doesn't get better than this!
3* Hotel Castrum Novum; Meals: B and D (lunch on your own); Van drive: 45 min; kayaking: Class II-III, 4-5 h
|Activities day 8: Departure|
Depart from Skradin for the airport and flight home. You are welcome to schedule your homeward transport for any time. If you decide to spend more time in Croatia, our guides will be happy to recommend other beautiful places to visit - especially those you won’t find in tourist guide books.
- All prices are per person in EUR.
- Minimum age: 6 years if accompanied by parent(s).
- Children discount is valid for children 6 - 12 years of age if accompanied by an adult. 1 child enjoying discount shares parents’ room, 2 or more children can have their own room.
- Single use rooms are available upon request, with 20% surcharge. Sharing a room with another person of the same sex is possible.
- Air Travel: Please check with us before purchasing your airline tickets to ensure your trip has the necessary minimum number of participants required to operate.
- Meals: The meals tend to be fairly heavy on the meats and sausages, breads and pastries, pastas and dumplings. If you have special dietary needs, please let us know as soon as possible. Vegetarian diets can be accommodated but we recommend that you bring along with you some of your favorite protein snacks.
• 7 nights in double/twin room
• meals as noted in itinerary (7xB=breakfast and 6xD=dinner)
• use of kayaks, bicycles, paddles, life jackets, helmets
• 6 days organized activities
• neoprene shorts and booties or sandals in case of cold weather
• NP entrance fees
• Saturday transfers from Split and Zadar airport, bus or train station
• skilled guide and assistance
• ground transportation (private transport throughout)
• local taxes
• international airfare to/from Croatia
• beverages and lunches or picnics as noted in itinerary (3th night dinner on your own)
• items of a personal nature and optional gratuities to your guide(s)
• optional trip on day 5, but it can be booked and paid on spot
Questions - Feel free to call us at +45 60 14 16 16; if you still have any questions or concerns. We’re here to help you.
|PRICES & DATES|
|29. June - 23. August||€ 1.499,00|
|25. May - 28. June og 24. August - 20. Sept||€ 1.350,00|
Single rooms, 20% supplement